About CU OB-GYN
Expertise with empathy
Leaders in progressive obstetric & gynecologic research & proven treatment
University of Colorado OB-GYN is the region’s most diversified, research-driven OB-GYN practice, dedicated to serving all women with individualized care and our sincere, skilled understanding.
The focused expertise of nearly 20 OB-GYNs grounded in our university teaching and research environment enables us to expertly address every health issue girls, adolescents and adult women may encounter. We also draw on our wider University of Colorado network of specialists experienced in the most advanced procedures, as well as the best equipment and facilities our large university hospital offers.
Your go-to physicians for a lifetime of women’s healthcare
We understand that the healthcare services our OB-GYNs and clinical staff provide correspond with some of the most important milestones in a woman’s life, from menarche (her first period) to menopause.
CU OB-GYN’s physicians, nurses and care team take a conscious approach, sensitive to each patient’s treatment needs.
Our OB-GYNs are researchers, healers, teachers
- Our physicians, several internationally acknowledged as experts in their field, conduct groundbreaking research other obstetricians and gynecologists use and follow.
- Every day we apply this evidence-based medicine to treating individual women who entrust us with their care, seeking to improve not just their health but their quality of life.
- As professors, we teach what we’ve learned to future OB-GYNs in the University of Colorado School of Medicine. More about the OB-GYN Residency Program.
Women’s health specialty clinics
We dedicate time and resources to key areas of women’s care that are often more complex or require skilled and specialized treatment, including sexual health, perinatal mood disorders, pelvic pain, lower genital tract abnormalities, and vulvar disorders.
Trained to treat complex OB-GYN conditions
Whether it’s caring for women with high-risk pregnancies, treating treating infants and children with special gynecological needs, or performing robotic surgeries, we are prepared to handle the most complex cases. As a research institution, we pride ourselves on operating at the cutting-edge of technology and treatment protocol, taking an evidence-based approach to treatment decisions.
Treating women’s health needs
- Women’s health conditions, such as fibroids, endometriosis, pelvic pain, sexual disorders and abnormal bleeding.
- Women’s wellness, including exams and Pap smears.
- Birth control.
- Teen health.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Pregnancy, including VBAC (vaginal birth after C-section).
- Pelvic pain.
Drawing on more expertise within our CU network
We work in close partnership with other female medicine divisions at University of Colorado, allowing us to refer patients to other specialized physicians when appropriate.
- CU Maternal-Fetal Medicine for high-risk pregnancies, labor & delivery.
- CU Fertility Preservation Program for oncofertility & fertility preservation for women & teens..
- CU Urogynecology for pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
- CU Gynecologic Oncology for treatment of gynecologic cancers.
- CU Family Planning for contraception.
We have experienced many doctors and nurses over the past five years in the care of our daughter and her various health issues. [Our CU doctor] is the most compassionate, understanding and knowledgeable doctor we have received care from. She anticipates our questions, understands our concerns, goes above and beyond. Patient Testimonial