Family Planning & Contraception Services
At University of Colorado, we offer personalized care, quality reproductive services and family planning options through contraception counseling, initiation, education and ongoing care.
Family Planning physicians are specialists in Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN), with a focus on family planning and birth control.
Our services include:
- Annual women’s health exams
- Pap smears
- STD testing
- Birth control counseling, management, and education
- Birth control after pregnancy
- Miscarriage management
- Early prenatal care
- Depo-Provera shot
- Birth control implants and removal
- IUD insertion and removal
- Sterilization procedures (Essure & tubal ligation)
Other family planning & women’s services
In addition to our family planning and women’s health services, we also offer management, counseling, and discussion of options for:
- Management of abnormal and complex pregnancies
- Counselling and treatment for unplanned pregnancies
For patients who have questions about unplanned pregnancy services, we can refer you to the Comprehensive Women’s Health Center.