Offering a small-practice feel with the most advanced, comprehensive care
Denver (March 22, 2013) — To offer their patients a more personal experience, five physicians in the University of Colorado School of Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology Department have opened a private practice with two locations in Denver. The physicians bring their individual focuses in OB-GYN medicine to the new practice, forming a close-knit team that offers a superb range of expert care.
“We wanted to combine the best of both worlds in this new practice,” says Dr. Jaime Arruda, CU School of Medicine OB-GYN physician and assistant professor. “We’re small enough so each of our five doctors can take the time to get to know every one of our patients before they’re in the delivery room. Pregnancy is a very personal experience and delivery even more so.”
In addition to the range of specialized OB-GYN skills among the five doctors, the small practice is backed by the resources of the University of Colorado Hospital, a nationally ranked academic medical center, and the Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health, a collaboration between University of Colorado Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Colorado and University of Colorado School of Medicine.
The five CU OB-GYN physicians joining together in this new practice are:
- Dr. Steve Rotholz, who has extensive experience in all aspects of OB-GYN care, as well as clinical interests in normal and high-risk pregnancy care, advanced laparoscopic surgery and ultrasound.
- Dr. Christine Conageski, whose special practice interests include cervical dysplasia and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Dr. Maryam Guiahi, who enjoys helping patients with their health and reproductive goals throughout the spectrum of OB-GYN care, from pregnancy to general health and family planning.
- Dr. Jaime Arruda, who has special practice interests in exercise during pregnancy, vaginal birth after cesarean and minimally invasive robotic surgery.
- Dr. Sarah Appleton, whose clinical interests include minimally invasive surgery for common women’s health issues, as well as mood disorders during pregnancy.
The two practice locations are: University of Colorado Hospital Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion, 1635 Aurora Court, 3rd Floor, Aurora, CO 80045; and University of Colorado Lowry Specialty Care, 8111 E. Lowry Blvd., Denver, CO 80230. The Lowry location has ample and easy parking.
About University of Colorado OB-GYN & Family Planning
University of Colorado OB-GYN & Family Planning is one of the most diversified OB-GYN practices in the Denver area. Notable services at our women’s health clinics include university hospital care with a private practice model, women’s health research & studies, contraception, pregnancy care, infertility treatment, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), & menopause treatment.