Kathryn McKenney, MD
Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Colorado Hospital
Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion
1635 N. Aurora Court
Aurora, CO 80045
- Well Woman Exams
- Pediatric/Adolescent/Adult Gynecology
- Contraception Counseling & IUD/Nexplanon Insertion
- Breast Health
Pregnancy & Postpartum
- Preconception Counseling & Primary Infertility Evaluation
- Prenatal Care Including Prenatal Testing
- Breast Feeding Consultation
- Gestational Diabetes
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Condition Diagnosis & Treatment
- Abnormal Pap Smear Management
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Abnormal Bleeding & Menstrual Disorders
- Premature Ovarian Insufficiency
- Uterine Fibroids - Surgical & Non-Surgical Treatment
- Ovarian Cysts
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Gynecologic Infections
- Menopause Management
- Sexual Health and Dysfunction
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopy, D&C, Polypectomy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Adnexal Surgery (Cystectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy)
- Loop ElectrosurgicalExcision Procedure (LEEP) & Cold Knife Cone (CKC)
- Total Abdominal Hystercetomy & Laparotomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
About Dr. Kathryn McKenney
Dr. Kathryn McKenney earned her medical degree from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine.
She chose the OB-GYN field for the breadth of the specialty and the ability to work in settings that include the clinic, labor floor, the emergency department and the operating room. The most enjoyable aspect of her work as a general obstetrician-gynecologist is helping people with their wide variety range of health-related needs and concerns.
She has a particular focus in treating polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and the use of letrozole as a first-line defense against infertility.
Dr. McKenney’s greatest strength in patient care is using her well-honed communication skills to help patients know that she understands their concerns and to ensure they leave any conversation with an understanding of the treatment plan they have formed together.
She is proud of her ability to establish trusting relationships with patients in all settings, whether in the clinic or meeting for the first time in the emergency room or in the labor & delivery room.
In her spare time, Dr. McKenney is an avid road cyclist and mountain biker, rock climber, hiker and snow sports enthusiast. She is looking forward to planting a garden this spring.
- Medical school: University of North Carolina School of Medicine (2015)
- Intern/residency: McGraw Medical Center, Northwestern University
Awards & recognitions
- Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) National Faculty Award, 2021
- Paul Urnes Operative Obstetrics Award, 2019
Did you know?Outdoor adventure is a theme in Dr. McKenney’s life outside of work.
I try to put myself in my patients’ shoes, finding out what their needs and goals are so I can be their guide to finding the next steps. Together, we can make plans for testing and treatment that align with their preferences.Kathryn McKenney