Veronica I. Alaniz, MD, MPH
Specialties: Obstetrics, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Minimally Invasive Surgery
Children’s Colorado Hospital (main location)
13123 E 16th Ave.
Aurora, CO, 80045
Unversity of Colorado Health (UCH)
Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion
1635 N. Aurora Court
Aurora, CO, 80045
Denver Health Women’s Care Clinic
790 Delaware St
Denver CO, 80204
- Well Woman Exams
- Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology
- Adult & Adolescent Contraception Counseling & IUD/Nexplanon Insertion
- Prenatal Care including Prenatal Testing
- Transgender Health
Condition Diagnosis & Treatment
- Pediatric Diseases and Conditions
- Disorders/Differences in Sex Development
- Lower Genital Tract Disorders
- Mullerian Anomalies Management
- Abnormal Pap Smear Management
- Abnormal Bleeding & Menstrual Disorders
- Ovarian Cysts
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- Uterine Fibroids - Surgical & Non-Surgical Treatment
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopy, D&C, Polypectomy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Adnexal Surgery (Cystectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy)
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy & Laparotomy
- Vaginal Dilation
- Vaginal Septum Resection
About Dr. Alaniz
Dr. Veronica Alaniz specializes in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. She chose this specialty because she was drawn to the medical and surgical aspects of obstetrics and gynecology, as well as the continuity of care she provides adolescent patients as they transition into young women and adulthood. She is proud to be a part of a field that develops lifelong relationships between doctor and patient.
Her interests include congenital anomalies (conditions present at birth) of the reproductive tract, Mullerian anomalies, contraceptive and menstrual management for the medically complicated adolescent, differences of sex development (intersex) and management of ovarian cysts.
She completed her undergraduate degree at Stanford University and earned a Master of Public Health at the University of Southern California. In 2010, Dr. Alaniz received her medical degree from the UT Southwestern Medical Center. She completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and a fellowship in pediatric and adolescent gynecology at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Alaniz is proud to be working in a department that prioritizes patient care, collaboration and medical education. She takes pride in her compassionate and active listening abilities.
- Medical School: UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2010)
- Graduate School: University of Southern California (2006) Residency: University of Colorado (University Hospital) Program (2014)
- Fellowship: University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers Program (2016)
Did you know?Dr. Alaniz has been involved in a number of medical presentations and featured in a variety of publications. She is a member of the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, the National Hispanic Medical Association and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
I want my patients to understand all treatment options and believe that shared decision making is the best approach to treating my patients. Dr. Veronica Alaniz