Kimberly Larson-Ohlsen, MD, FACOG
Specialty: Assistant Professor in Gynecology, Integrative Medicine and Acupuncture
CU OB-GYN Cherry Creek Clinic
100 Cook St., Suite 312
Denver, CO 80206
720-516-9410 | Request Appointment Online
- Menopause Management
- Sexual Health and Dysfunction
- Preconception Counseling
- Contraception Counseling, Intrauterine Device & Implant Placement (IUD/Nexplanon Insertion)
- Breast Health
- Well Woman Exams
Condition Diagnosis & Treatment
- Health, Wellness and Balance
- Menopause and Perimenopause Transitions
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Abnormal Bleeding, Postmenopausal Bleeding & Menstrual Disorders
- Abnormal Pap Smear Management
- Primary Infertility Evaluation
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Uterine Fibroids - Surgical & Non-Surgical Treatment
- Ovarian Cysts
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- MonaLisa Touch CO2 Vaginal Laser
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopy, D&C, Polypectomy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Adnexal Surgery (Cystectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy)
- Cold Knife Cone
- Trigger Point Injections
About Dr. Kimberly Larson-Ohlsen
Dr. Kimberly Larson-Ohlsen chose a career in obstetrics and gynecology because she loves educating women on their personal journeys to health and wellness. Dr. Larson-Ohlsen collaborates with each patient and responds to her concerns to develop an excellent patient/physician relationship.
She is exceptional at balancing conventional western medicine with integrative therapies to empower women on their journey to optimum health and wellness. To accomplish this, Dr. Larson-Ohlsen combines modern medical science with acupuncture, diet, supplements, herbal therapy and mind/body techniques.
Her approach to treating patients is holistic. She views her ability to really listen to patients and understand their concerns as her greatest strength. She particularly values making connections with each patient, working in tandem with women to create their treatment plan together. Her patients are her best referral source.
Dr. Larson-Ohlsen’s special interests include genitourinary syndrome of menopause, menopause/perimenopause, wellness and abnormal uterine bleeding.
When “away” from work, she enjoys spending time with her children, traveling, yoga, hiking and photography.
- Medical school: University of California Irvine (1997)
- Internship: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (1998)
- Residency: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (2001)
- Fellowship: University of Arizona, Integrative Medicine (2013)
Awards & recognitions
- Glasgow Memorial Achievement Award, female graduating first in her medical class
- Certification of Training in the MonaLisa Touch Laser System, 2016
- Acupuncture Certification, 2010
Did you know?Dr. Larson-Ohlsen was a teacher prior to becoming a doctor! In addition to teaching at the college level, she taught students in the first and third grades.
“The philosophy of my holistic healthcare approach is to treat the whole patient – mind, body, spirit and community – by working with women and helping to educate them to develop a healthcare plan and a healthy way of life.” Dr. Kimberly Larson-Ohlsen